Submitted by jimmybritt on Wed, 05/06/2009 - 8:36am.
"Spirit Led Equals Supernatural"
Submitted by jimmybritt on Sun, 08/26/2007 - 6:44pm.
We had an awesome day today at R2C2! I can’t believe what we (God) have done with our new setup and the look of our church. Here are some of the thoughts I had…
- Our volunteers are all AWESOME! My buddy Gary Lamb picks a “freak of the week” at his church; someone to highlight for doing an exceptional job that week. If we had a “freak of the week” I would have to pick every sing person who volunteered yesterday and today to pull of our services this weekend. All of our volunteers are the “freak(s) of the week”! WAY TO GO!
- The pipes and drapes made the place feel intimate, even though we had the second largest non-holiday crowd ever at R2C2. That’s with no signs (yet) and no promotion! It just felt good in the room.
- Brandon, Steve, Mark and Jeff did a great job working through our sound gear and figuring out what our needs are and putting the right equipment into place. The sound was off the hook today.
- Tami! What can I say? The hospitality table and greeting team were great. I had a come in today and tell me that at least 8 people said “hello” and asked if they could help him get where he was going. That is the way to greet people right there!
- To our regulars: We are going to reserve the front parking lots for first-time guests, expectant moms, and senior citizens. We’re going to put up a banner to let first-time guests, expectant moms and seniors know to turn on their headlights so we can get them parked. Our parking team did a great job getting people in and out. Jamie I knew the parking team would do a good job but you guys really had a great plan. I was beyond impressed!
- The Rocky River Kids area was so cool today that I wanted to be in Middle School again! And that is saying a lot.
- Our kid’s stuff is just awesome right now. We have a couple things to add in the nursery but they have done a great job. And I heard that a Preschooler today actually cried because he had to leave? Way to go Johanna, Dan and team! That’s great!!!!
- I’m not going to mention any more names because if I get into that I’ll miss someone important. Let me just say that all of our leaders, staff and volunteers did a GREAT job! Ya’ll are truly the best.
- Did I mention that Project 252 had their highest number of students EVER?! They literally had to add chairs!
- We have some bugs to work out still. We have to make some adjustments on the lights and a few other things. But all in all today was a great success! I’ve very proud of our church today!
See ya’ll again next Sunday!
Submitted by jimmybritt on Thu, 07/26/2007 - 10:08pm.
I have been saying it for a few years and I’ll say it again now, this is the most exciting time in the history of the church…to be the church! I am so pumped about what God is doing at Rocky River Community Church and in churches similar to ours all over the country. For a taste of what I’m talking about check out some of these guys and you'll see what I mean. Listen to what they're saying about their churches and the ministry they're going and how God is changing lives. Folks, God is doing something BIG!
Submitted by jimmybritt on Wed, 07/25/2007 - 3:45pm.
Hey gang! Do whatever it takes to be at Rocky River Community Church this Sunday! At the 9:30 and 11:00 services I am going to teach a message called "Revolution." I had planned to break away from our Simple series for the week but God has worked it out where that won't be necessary (you'll understand on Sunday). I'm going to talk about the revolutionary Church that God is building: the global church and our church. I will also give an update on our Imagine (Land & Building) Campaign and about some "NEXT STEPS" we are going to be taking at the church. THESE ARE BIG STEPS AND MAJOR changes that will affect us all. Did I say BIG changes? YES! BIG CHANGES!
And for those of you who have been around for a while, I've been telling you that God is doing something at R2C2 and that time has come...! It is here! Buckle up! Things are really exciting. I can't wait to tell you all about it.
See you Sunday!
Submitted by jimmybritt on Fri, 07/20/2007 - 4:56pm.
A couple of days ago I blogged a Bono video from YouTube. Some of that video is also on part 1 and part 2 of the Summit interview. But there shouldn't be too much crossover. Anyway, here's part 2.
Submitted by jimmybritt on Fri, 07/20/2007 - 4:45pm.
This is part of an interview with Bono at last year's Leadership Summit (2006). Bill Hybels, one of my favorite pastors and leaders (Senior Pastor of Willow Creek Community Church) gives the interview. It is very powerful. Every Christian - not to mention pastors, pastor to students, administrators, church planters, worship pastors, etc. - should check this out. This is only part 1 of the invterview. I think the guy who put it out on YouTube has broken it down into 8 parts. I'll try to put them all up over the next few days. Again, this is powerful stuff!
Submitted by jimmybritt on Wed, 07/11/2007 - 9:58pm.
I don't know how many times I was called that back at Easter when we sent out our Easter flyer with a Nun holding a ruler on it. BUT IT WAS A BUNCH. With that being said, I am not against the Catholic Church at all. I celebrate it in fact. But apparently, the Pope doesn't give me the same blessings – or any other Protestant Church. In this Fox News article he says the Holy Roman Catholic Church has the only "true Path" to salvation. Now who is picking on whom? I wonder if the Pope will get the same kind of backlash as I did ☺? Probably not…
Anyway, here is the article…
Submitted by jimmybritt on Sun, 06/03/2007 - 8:48pm.
If you are thinking about planting a church, you need to listen to this message. Church planting is not for sissies. Sorry, but that's just the truth.
Anyway, this is a message my buddy Gary Lamb (www.garylamb.org) preached this morning at Ridge Stone Church in Canton, GA. I love this guy so much. The best thing about him is that what you see is what you get. He doesn’t pull punches.
This is one of the most honest, real sermons I’ve ever heard. It is worth a listen…
I hope Rocky River folks will take a listen to this too...
Our staff is going to the Simple Church Conference tomorrow in Greensboro. It's offered by Pursuing Vital Ministry of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina. I have read the book. Liked it. I'm not looking for a new church model at this conference, just some principles that will help us simplify while moving R2C2 forward and growing. We (our staff team - we are a staff led church) are trying to make church as simple as possible.
Note: I also signed up for the coaching element for pastors. I'll let you know how that goes...
Submitted by jimmybritt on Sat, 01/27/2007 - 9:37pm.
Here is an article written by a friend of mine, Chad Hall. He wrote it a while back but with the Daytona 500 right around the corner it seemed timely to dig it up and share it with you guys. Chad makes some observations about NASCAR and culture that may help us in the church world.
Oh yeah, don't take it too hard that Chad doesn't care for NASCAR :)
Who's Jimmy Britt?
Jimmy Britt is the Lead Pastor at Rocky River Community Church in the Charlotte Metro area. R2C2 is a place for people, no matter who they are or where they’ve been. We are a church for people; that’s it, plain and simple.